To serve as advisor to the Sheriff and to facilitate changes that address disparities in the Black community through service and advocacy.
· To facilitate a positive means for minority acceptance, advancement and retention
· To affectively bridge the gap of understanding between the minority community and Sheriff's Office personnel at all levels.
· To create an atmosphere of understanding between the command staff, the deputies, and support personnel.
· To serve as a voice for minority deputies concerns.
· Assist in measures that are designed to increase minority recruitment and retention.
· Facilitate avenues of communication between minority deputies and the command staff, so that ongoing challenges can effectively be resolved.
· Be an advocate in critical incidents involving individual deputies in times of need.
· Encourage advanced training, education, and experience to achieve career goals and advancement of minority personnel.
· Establish and maintain a cohesive working relationship with the Hispanic and Indian Advisory Councils.
· Maintain an awareness of current linguistic and ethnic issues within the community and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
· Recognize notable actions of selected Sheriff's Office personnel at the Annual Awards Banquet.
The Black Advisory Council was founded in 1977 during a time of conflict and community unrest. The then Sheriff, Malcolm Beard, in an effort to be responsive to the unrest reached out to community leaders of the time and they came together to form the Council.
Your support allows the Sheriff’s Black Advisory Council to continue community initiatives such as Law Enforcement & Family Fun Days in various communities throughout the county, giving out food baskets to needy families, care packages to teen parents as well as sponsoring events with collaborative partners. In addition, your support allows us to provide annual scholarships named in honor of two of our Hall of Fame Members – Robert L. Cole, Sr. Scholarship awarded to an HCSO employee seeking higher education and the Samuel W. Cooper Memorial Scholarship awarded to a recent High School Graduate or current college student. We also award and bring attention to a number of other deserving individuals that make a difference in our community.
The Council would also like to thank Sheriff Chronister for his continued support and want him to know that he has our full support as he endeavors to make HCSO the premier Law Enforcement Agency in the country.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions.
If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.
Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.